RE: New worm / port 1434?

  • From: Marcos R. Della
  • Date: Sat Jan 25 12:03:05 2003

For those that are interested, here are a couple disassemblies of the
worm.
At least it was a non-persistant worm and didn't also damage the MSSQL
servers.
Could have been much worse... We could all not only be filtering routers
And cleaning up switches, we could also be explaining to customers why
their
Entire database of "stuff" disappeared or was stolen...

http://www.digitaloffense.net/worms/mssql_udp_worm/NOTES.TXT
http://www.boredom.org/~cstone/worm-annotated.txt
http://www.snafu.freedom.org/tmp/1434-probe.txt

Marcos