Re: Level3 routing issues?

  • From: Forrest W. Christian
  • Date: Sat Jan 25 08:28:31 2003

On Sat, 25 Jan 2003, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:

> What kind of traffic levels are you seeing? With a handful of /16 etc
> we're not seeing more than 5-10 megabits of traffic according to my
> global transit graphs.

We had a IIS server in our collocation center start spewing data at 70mb/s
towards the internet.  Considering we're only attached to our (multiple)
upstreams at a combined bandwidth of quite a bit less than that, it
basically buried our router and upstream connectivity.

- Forrest W. Christian ([email protected]) AC7DE
The Innovation Machine Ltd.                              P.O. Box 5749
http://www.imach.com/                                Helena, MT  59604
Home of PacketFlux Technologies and BackupDNS.com       (406)-442-6648
      Protect your personal freedoms - visit http://www.lp.org/