Re: DOS?

  • From: Doug Barton
  • Date: Sat Jan 25 06:29:36 2003

On Sat, 25 Jan 2003, Christopher J. Wolff wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> It looks like all hell is breaking loose on some of the nations
> backbones.  http://www.internethealthreport.com
>
> The port counters on my AT&T DS3 were reading in the 250 megabit range,
> that is a DS3, mind you.
>
> Any source IP's I can add to the circular file would be appreciated.
> Any ranges I find I'll echo back to the list.

It's an MS SQL worm that is sending and receiving UDP on 1434.
http://www.nextgenss.com/advisories/mssql-udp.txt appears to be relevant.

Anyone want to get involved in some sort of real time chat (like IRC) to
disuss strategies? We're seeing some pretty big traffic, and related
problems in multiple colo's world wide.

Doug

--
   "We have known freedom's price. We have shown freedom's power.
      And in this great conflict, ...  we will see freedom's victory."
          State of the Union, January 28, 2002

         Do YOU Yahoo!?