Re: Level3 routing issues?

  • From: Alex Rubenstein
  • Date: Sat Jan 25 04:11:12 2003

quick snippit from an irc conversation (i did not authenticate that this
is true)

<nein> latency: if you read that, you'll notice 0x08 followed by a long
padding and a colon doesn't exist in the payload we're all seeing.

#nanog on efnet at the moment..

On Sat, 25 Jan 2003, Andy Furnell wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 02:05:42AM -0500, Kevin Welch wrote:
> >

> > I am seeing similar traffic loads on my network at this hour, one of our
> > MS SQL servers seemed to be sending a large amount of traffic out to the
> > Internet. Still looking into it but too similar for me to avoid sending
> > an e-mail.
> >

> Seeing it all over the place here, too. Looks very much like
> http://www.nextgenss.com/advisories/mssql-udp.txt (UDP 1434 flying about
> all over the place)

> --
> Andy Furnell            Claranet UK Ltd.      [email protected]
> Systems Administrator    020 7903 3246             http://www.clara.net

-- Alex Rubenstein, AR97, K2AHR, [email protected], latency, Al Reuben --
--    Net Access Corporation, 800-NET-ME-36, http://www.nac.net   --