Re: Level3 routing issues?

  • From: hc
  • Date: Sat Jan 25 02:21:02 2003

Okay this is getting bad.. one of our routers just locked up from udp 1434's. Can't even telnet to it now.

-hc

Joel Perez wrote:

My firewalls are going nuts with hits on UDP port 1434 also from everywhere!

-----Original Message----- From: Aaron Burnett [mailto:[email protected]] Sent: Sat 1/25/2003 1:19 AM To: Alex Rubenstein Cc: hc; [email protected] Subject: Re: Level3 routing issues?

On Sat, 25 Jan 2003, Alex Rubenstein wrote:

> I dunno about that. But, I am seeing, in the last couple hours, all kinds
> of new traffic.
>
> like, customers who never get attacked or anything, all of a sudden:
>
> http://mrtg.nac.net/switch9.oct.nac.net/3865/switch9.oct.nac.net-3865.html
>

> We are seeing this on ports all across out network -- nearly 1/2 our ports
> are in delta alarm right now.
>
> Anyone else?

Yep. Since about 12:30 am. Getting pounded on UDP port 1434 from all over
the world to any address on my network.