Re: FW: Re: Is there a line of defense against Distributed Reflective attacks?

  • From: todd glassey
  • Date: Tue Jan 21 19:55:01 2003

Vadim - the instant someone sues a Provider for sexual harassment from their
spam epidemic you will start to see things change. The reason that No-Sane
provider will block these ports or services is because they have been
listening to their Network Admins too long, and in fact the problem is that
they are not sane providers. What they are, and this is pretty much true
across the board, is people that just don't care what they do to earn a buck
otherwise we would not have these problems, and this is especially true of
those Network Operators that push all those billions of bytes of illicit
SPAM and throw their hands up and say "What do you expect us to do" - well
the answer is simple. I expect you folks to operate within the law and to
cooperate in stopping people who use your services in violation of the laws.

And if the providers out there don't like that - then they should find other
businesses.

Todd Glassey