Re: Stumper

  • From: Stephen J. Wilcox
  • Date: Tue Jan 21 18:21:32 2003

This would depend upon the direction of the packets that are dropped and where
the broken device is.

If the 1500 byte packets are coming in from the Internet and the Linksys needs
to forward onto a smaller MTU media but finds the DF bit set it will return an
icmp fragment.. if this icmp is then dropped back at the client then you'll see
what you describe.

If the Linksys or device infront of it will allow remove the DF bit from inbound
packets.

Steve