Re: Stumper

  • From: jeffrey.arnold
  • Date: Tue Jan 21 17:53:32 2003

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, Mark J. Scheller wrote:

:: Here's the particulars:
::
:: Users that have Verizon DSL and a Linksys cable/DSL router have
:: difficulties accessing sites on my network -- whether they are trying
:: with http, https, smtp, pop3, ssh, ftp, etc., etc.  Oh, but pings
:: seem to be fine.  Low latency, no loss.  This is true even for access
:: to a server brought up in the DMZ, to keep the firewalls out of the
:: equation.
::

Have the user update their linksys firmware. I see this problem all the
time. Linksys soho gateways are notorious for their early firmware not
sending fragments with proper headers. Any acl that does not allow *all
frags* by default will deny their packets. There may be other issues as
well, but the firmware update tends to fix all of the problems.

-jba

__
 [[email protected]] :: analogue.networks.nyc :: http://analogue.net