Re: Is there a line of defense against Distributed Reflective attacks?

  • From: Kurt Erik Lindqvist
  • Date: Sun Jan 19 17:20:57 2003

Without getting too much into the likelihood of any legal body actually
understanding anyone's role in an attack besides the attacker and the
victim, in this land where tobacco companies are sued by smokers who
get lung cancer and fast food restaurants are sued by fat people there
must be room for such cases as:

"XYZ Corp cost me $5mil in lost business. They were negligent in
securing their (network|host) from being used as a DoS attack tool
despite being informed of such by us both before and during said
attack."

....and I always thought the US legal system was flawed.....where do I file? :)

- kurtis -