Re: How do I get host records deleted?

  • From: Adam McKenna
  • Date: Wed Jan 15 12:59:59 2003

On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 10:50:47AM -0500, Jonathan Disher wrote:
> And it's not entirely true that "only your domain registrar has host
> records for your domain".

You're right, but that's not what I said.

I guess the completeley technically correct statement in this case would have
been "only your registrar is able to create, delete, and modify your host
records in whois.internic.net, and hence, your nameservers' glue records in
the GTLD servers".

Another registrar could do whatever it wants with its own database, and
that's exactly what NSOL does.  The only way to fix this is to do your part
to make NSOL 'shape up or ship out'.  Transfer your domains to other
registrars and encourage your customers to do the same.

--Adam

--
Adam McKenna <[email protected]>   | GPG: 17A4 11F7 5E7E C2E7 08AA
http://flounder.net/publickey.html |      38B0 05D0 8BF7 2C6D 110A