Re: US-Asia Peering

  • From: Kurt Erik Lindqvist
  • Date: Mon Jan 13 16:26:28 2003

How do you see the failed AMS-IX expansion fit into this?

My (very simplified) summary of what happened was that :
At the time of the origin of the discussion I was peering co-ordinator at
KPNQwest, and would have pulled-out of AMS-IX if the plans (and KQ..:) )
would have moved on.
well of course i'm not bill, but (naturally) i will comment anyway. was
AMS-IX planning to expand beyond its original metro and bridge all the XP
switches together? if so then i understand exactly why KQ and other ISP's
would have pulled out of AMS-IX in protest (and in fear). however, if the
expansion was intra-metro, then i must be confused, because KQ's major
source of bandwidth revenue should have been inter-metro not intra-metro.

They planed to interconnect other (well, one) other exchanges in NL.

Best regards,

- kurtis -