Re: US-Asia Peering

  • From: Stephen J. Wilcox
  • Date: Thu Jan 09 21:01:02 2003

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, Bill Woodcock wrote:

>     > The LINX consists of a handful
>     > of  distributed and interconnected switches such that customers are able to
>     > choose which site they want for colo. Likewise for the AMS-IX and a handful
>     > of other dominant European exchanges.
>
> Correct.  Within the metro area.  That is, as has been documented many
> times over, a necessary condition for long-term stability.

Theres an increasing number of "psuedo-wire" connections tho, you could regard
these L2 extensions an extension of the switch as a whole making it
international.

Where the same pseudo wire provider connects to say LINX, AMSIX, DECIX your only
a little way off having an interconnection of multiple IXs, its possible this
will occur by accident ..

Steve