Re: COM/NET informational message

  • From: Joel Rowbottom
  • Date: Tue Jan 07 12:48:40 2003

At 17:40 07/01/2003 +0000, Steve Dyer wrote:

This is to inform you that Characterisation GmbH (www.characterisation.de) has patents pending Ref PCT/DE02/00632 filed 28th February 2001.
CentralNic have actually been working with this system for around 12 months now, and it's pretty cool. It works with a lot more browsers than the VGRS one, and requires no client or server-side plugins or patches :)

It's really rather good at providing a seamless end-to-end IDN solution for web browsers; granted there are problems with Squid and such, but any IDN solution will have problems with things which filter.

Personally I think it's a good transition for IDNs - but then again I've said that before ;)

BR

Joel Rowbottom, http://www.centralnic.com - CTO and self-confessed Unix geek
# Note: Contents may not necessarily represent the opinions of CentralNic.