RE: DWDM interconnects

  • From: brett watson
  • Date: Mon Jan 06 23:21:59 2003

there are nifty boxes out (have been for 8 months or so) that do
wavelength conversion.  so the box-operator in the middle handles the
wavelength map, and users on each end can all use the same lasers
(colors).  they were expensive at the time I looked but I would think
prices would have come down.

but yes, cheap tunables would be great.

-b