Re: COM/NET informational message

  • From: Daniel Senie
  • Date: Fri Jan 03 17:21:00 2003

At 04:24 PM 1/3/2003, Brandon Butterworth wrote:

> Am I the only one that finds this perversion of the DNS protocol
> abhorrent and scary?

Sounds like a fine interweb kludge

It'll just be annoying until other applications aquire similar
bodgery as the users will not understand why they can't use it
for mail and all
The Internet Explorer plug-in approach they're using is quite reminicent of the new.net folks' methods. The Internet is more than just the web, just as there are many more browsers out there than just Microsoft's.

It's so nice Verisign is pushing a solution for COM/NET. I have to wonder if we'll have a different solution in .ORG, another in .BIZ, etc. Folks, this is why we cooperate with competitors and produce standards.