Re: DC power versus AC power

  • From: Scott Granados
  • Date: Fri Dec 27 20:36:00 2002

It is likely that in many settings during power failures transition from ac
street power to ac generator power will have some lag and during that time
your hardware could loose power.  This of course depends on ups systems in
use and many factors.  Dc usually however is clean in its transition and
goes with out saying is battery backed up.  Also, some hardware only is
available in DC form such as the ons15454's I believe.