Re: Whoops! (re: WH network monitoring plan response)

  • From: Valdis.Kletnieks
  • Date: Tue Dec 24 15:34:41 2002

On Tue, 24 Dec 2002 10:26:09 EST, Richard Forno said:
> In my last post when I said this:
> > If something's deemed 'critical' to a large segment of the population, then
> > security must NEVER outweigh conveinience. Period. Non-negotiable.
> I meant to say that security must ALWAYS outweigh convienience.
>
> My goof....guess I had too much NOG and not enough NAN at the party last
> night.  :)

A case could be made that you had it right the first time, in that a "large
segment" of the population cares less about security than they do about dancing
hamsters, and that they'd designate the latter as "critical".  Thus the sorry
state of certain end-user software on 90% of the desktops.

Happy Holidays! ;)