OT holiday humor: Nasty smell

  • From: Christopher J. Wolff
  • Date: Sun Dec 22 03:25:49 2002

I almost fell out of my chair on this kind note from the folks at Daito
Communication Apparatus Co. Ltd.  I found this funny, perhaps you will
too.

----
Note 1:  The power supply capacity should be more than the fusing
current.  If the power capacity is less than the fusing current, the
fuse may not blow for a short time, and then nasty smell, smoking and so
on may occur.
----

I read this as follows:

If my power source drains to the point where the power supply can not
power the device at a current higher than the fusing current, the device
has a built in "low battery alarm" that consists of blasting the user in
the face with a "nasty smell" followed by "and so on" that will occur.
I'm concerned about the "and so on" part.

I can imagine several so ons including but not limited to:  conversion
into dark matter, a tear in the space-time-continuum...

Happy holidays,
Christopher J. Wolff, VP CIO
Broadband Laboratories, Inc.
http://www.bblabs.com