Using link congestion to control routing updates

  • From: David Scott Olverson
  • Date: Thu Dec 19 12:12:30 2002

Hello all,

	I was wondering if anyone was aware of a way to use the congestion
of a network link to control the routing update.  For example if I have a
very small link that gets congested, I may want the router to withhold a
routing update until link congestion falls below a certain threshold like
60% of bandwidth.  Is anyone aware of anything like this available today
or a technique that might accomplish something similar?  You can contact
me off list if this topic isn't germane.

Thanks for your help,

Dave Olverson