Re: Cogent / AOL peering issues

  • From: Richard A Steenbergen
  • Date: Wed Dec 18 22:28:35 2002

On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 10:00:48PM -0500, Gil Cohen wrote:

> I think AOL purchases transit from L(3), so by Cogent pushing all their
> AOL-bound traffic through their L(3) peering pipes, they're hoping that
> it'll push AOL's transit bill up. This is going to be their playing card. I
> think.

Not there there is anything wrong with a little peering vengence and hate,
but perhaps Cogent would have been smarter if they had waited until they
stopped screwing over their own customers before they started plotting the
screwing over of someone elses.

A little birdie said something about Cogent being given a week notice too.