Re: Cogent and Level3 Peering Issues

  • From: Leo Bicknell
  • Date: Wed Dec 18 13:58:12 2002
  • Reply-by: Wed Dec 25 13:47:24 EST 2002

In a message written on Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 10:02:13AM -0800, [email protected] wrote:
> I pointed that out on another list too but somebody else responded  that
> abovenet to aol connection is congested as it is and more then likely
> would not have been able to take all the extra traffic. I'm not a customer

There are no congestion issues between 6461 and 1668 at this time.
If someone believes there is a problem please have them contact me
off list so I can look into it.

I can make no comment on the volume of traffic, having no idea what
volume is involved.

If you consider the paths that are available for a moment, I think
most people can deduce why they are choosing the Level 3 path, and
it has nothing to do with performance.

--
       Leo Bicknell - [email protected] - CCIE 3440
Read TMBG List - [email protected], www.tmbg.org