RE: Identifying DoS-attacked IP address(es) Sniffer

  • From: Livio Ricciulli
  • Date: Tue Dec 17 06:05:57 2002

You want to put a box like this to analyze and dozen OC-12c(s)? I know that
the sales people for boxes like this right now are really hurting for
business but give us a break.

A break is exactly what everyone is getting right now; but not what you mean. Look at
telecom stocks and valuations going down... You've gotta sell more than just best-effort data;
I wish more of the operators got a bit more adventurous and started to look at additional things to
do in the network (not all boxes are evil). We have best-effort data; lots of it; it's not enough anymore.
Quality is the name of the game (I think). I would start with improving network security and availability
and see if Enterprises want to buy extra services (I think so).

Livio.