Re: Identifying DoS-attacked IP address(es)

  • From: James-lists
  • Date: Mon Dec 16 16:59:09 2002

I am wondering how much help backbone providers give in
identifying sources of a DoS and deciding what ACL's or
rate-limits need to be placed to bring a DoS under control,
for their downstream clients. (Assuming it is their
downstream clients that are being DoS'ed).
I realize this will vary from provider to provider, I am
just seeking peoples experiences with this issue.

James Edwards
[email protected]
At the Santa Fe Office: Internet at Cyber Mesa
Store hours: 9-6 Monday through Friday
Phone support 365 days till 10 pm via the Santa Fe office:
505-988-9200