Re: lists of DNS servers by region.

  • From: Haesu
  • Date: Thu Dec 12 14:44:25 2002

> Many DNS "load balancing" solutions will return the address of the web
> server closest to the _query source_.  This means these systems work best
> when your recursive DNS servers are topologically closest to your users.

Correct me if I am wrong.. But..

I don't think multiple 'A' record load balancing will return the IP
address of the web server that is closest to the _query_source_. If this
is true, then Akamai has reinvented the wheel with their near-by DNS
setup on *.g.akamai.net entries.

The NS entry 'name server' record that is closest to the _query_source_
may answer the DNS query.. I.e... such as f.root-servers.net serving many
pacific traffic as well as western US in majority.

	-hc