Re: FW: /8s and filtering

  • From: Harsha Narayan
  • Date: Tue Dec 10 15:18:09 2002

Hello,
  Thank you very much everyone for all your replies. When Class C space
gets used up, wouldn't the filtering policies have to change to allow the
same kind of multihoming from the Class A space. Currently, a /24 from
Class C is enough to get past filters. However later, a /22 (or is it /20)
from Class A would be required to get past filters.

  Since there are only three /8s left in Class C, I was curious whether
filtering policies would change to accommodate this.

  If filtering policies won't change ARIN will have to change its
multihoming PA policy to giving away a /22 instead of a /24. Though
officially it is RIR policy not to worry about the routability of an
a prefix I guess they do worry about it?

Thanks,
Harsha.