Re: HTTP proxies, was Re: Operational Issues with 69.0.0.0/8...

  • From: Michael Lamoureux
  • Date: Tue Dec 10 09:49:14 2002

 "michael" == Michael Dillon <[email protected]> writes:

>> How do we get software vendors (free, pay, virus) to distribute
>> software with appropriate defaults?

michael> Second step, publish a directory. I.e. detect the
michael> non-conforming devices and publish their IP addresses in an
michael> LDAP server.

Let me get this straight, you are suggesting that the way to fix the
problem that there are potentially millions of insecure machines
connected to the Internet is to *PUBLISH* the IP addresses of all of
them in an easy to parse format?  Cute.

Don't tell me...we'll be able to pull the vulnerability that got the
hosts in the list too, so we can verify that "our" machines are,
indeed, misconfigured?  ;-)

baffled,
Michael