Re: Operational Issues with 69.0.0.0/8...

  • From: Michael.Dillon
  • Date: Tue Dec 10 05:59:13 2002

> > Sean Donelan, May 14 1998 (three employers ago, so this should not be
> > taken as representing the official position any of my past, present or
> > future employers)

>                Yakhov, Elise, Mark, and Bill - 1994 as part of the RA
>                project, bringers of the RAdb.

This gets to the heart of the matter. It is now 8 years later and RADB is
not catching on. But during the same time period some other UMich people
worked on a more general purpose directory service called LDAP and that
one is catching on. LDAP technology can be made to do the job that we need
done and instead of having to create tools from scratch we can leverage a
lot of commercial tools to deal with the core functions.

--Michael Dillon