RE: Operational Issues with 69.0.0.0/8...

  • From: Alec H. Peterson
  • Date: Fri Dec 06 15:48:48 2002

--On Friday, December 6, 2002 15:29 -0500 Sean Donelan <[email protected]> wrote:

Sorry, which operational aliases did the RIRs announce before they started
allocating addreses?
ARIN announced the fact that it received the 69/8 delegation on August 8th. ARIN received the delegation on August 6th. ARIN made its first allocation/assignment (I don't know which it was, but that isn't important) out of that block on September 19th.

So, that's over 1 month that people had to fix their filters. We're in December now, and clearly some people still haven't updated their filters.

Do people have any suggestions for ARIN (and other RIRs) on how they can better dissemenate this information so that people will update their filters?

Alec

--
Alec H. Peterson -- [email protected]
Chief Technology Officer