Re: Operational Issues with 69.0.0.0/8...

  • From: Joe Abley
  • Date: Fri Dec 06 12:12:24 2002

On Friday, Dec 6, 2002, at 11:57 Canada/Eastern, [email protected] wrote:

My question is as follows - We are losing customers because of this
problem. It is costing us reputation and money. It is out of our
control. If you were us, what would you do? We have already asked ARIN
to reassign us to a "friendlier" CIDR, and they refuse.
This is no longer a technical operational issue so it is out of scope for
this mailing list.
ARIN don't guarantee routability of the blocks they allocate, and it's difficult to see how they ever could.

Perhaps this is an issue of community education, or one of needing better tools or methods for managing martian filters. Those issues are arguably both technical and operational.

Joe