Re: Networking in Africa...

  • From: Max's Lists
  • Date: Tue Dec 03 11:08:09 2002

may be africa is different, but in other developing countries (central asia,
south america) cybercafes substitute personal PC access.  No one goes to
cybercafes in the us since an average middle class family can afford a
computer and typically has a phone line.  elsewhere, people pool resources
to get a 64 kbps line and a bank of six to eight pcs on a lan.  people use
cybercafes in the same fashion they used pcs here -- i have seen cybercafes
set up in shanty towns.