Re: Networking in Africa...

  • From: John R Levine
  • Date: Mon Dec 02 18:58:27 2002
  • Cleverness: None detected

> Try finding some IP connectivity while in Nigeria. You would be
> hard-pressed, even if you are willing to pay enormous $$.

I get lots and lots and lots of spam from cybercafes located in Nigeria,
as well as apologies from both the cafes and the upstream networks.  I
realize this doesn't fit with your preconceptions, so I'll drop it here.

Be sure not to look at
http://directory.google.com/Top/Regional/Africa/Nigeria/Business_and_Economy/Internet/
or you might learn about at least ten ISPs operating in Nigeria.

Regards,
John Levine, [email protected], Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
"More Wiener schnitzel, please", said Tom, revealingly.