Re: Networking in Africa...

  • From: John R. Levine
  • Date: Mon Dec 02 16:58:11 2002
  • Newsgroups: iecc.lists.nanog

>> fyi, all countries in africa are ip connected.  dunno how big your
>> hands are, but there are over 50 countries in africa.
>
>Pardon me for not counting "allocated" addresses as IP connectivity.

You're pardoned, but just barely.  Try some traceroutes, and you'll
find that every country in Africa does indeed have some kind of IP
connectivity.

There seem to be a lot of ISPs who get little slices of IP from
satellite carriers like emperion.net in Denmark.  Much of the 419 spam
I get from Nigeria, Cote d'Ivoire, Ghana, and other west African
countries originates in cybercafes with satellite links.

--
John R. Levine, IECC, POB 727, Trumansburg NY 14886 +1 607 387 6869
[email protected], Village Trustee and Sewer Commissioner, http://iecc.com/johnl,