Operational Issues with 69.0.0.0/8...

  • From: Todd A. Blank
  • Date: Mon Dec 02 11:22:10 2002

To all concerned:

We have been assigned a CIDR of 69.1.192.0/19.

We have had numerous problems getting traffic through to various destinations.

We are finding that many routers are still filtering 69.0.0.0/8.

This block used to be restricted, but was assigned by IANA to ARIN in August of 2002.

If anyone is still filtering this block in their routers, please remove the filters!

Here are some of the destinations that are not reachable if your source is anywhere in the 69.0.0.0/8 CIDR:

www.cplink2.com
www.ocas.com
www.indofilms.com
www.lavalife.com

Some of the Networks involved are Cable and Wireless, Allegiance Internet and AT&T.

Thank you,

Todd A. Blank
IPOutlet LLC
614.207.5853