Re: dontaing bgp config files [Re: Risk of Internet collapse grows]

  • From: John Kristoff
  • Date: Mon Dec 02 11:03:33 2002

On Sun, 1 Dec 2002 23:03:22 -0800 (PST)
Ratul Mahajan <[email protected]> wrote:

> speaking neighbor), you can help us by donating your bgp config files.
>  abstracted
> or anonymized versions are ok.

Of possible general interest to the list, I had begun work over a year
ago in 'mapping' out peering arrangements at various exchanges using
simple packet probing techniques (traceroutes mostly from behind various
providers nets) and gathering available public data.  If anyone wants to
see the data or more info, let me know and I'll make it available.  Its
only mildly interesting, but would be a useful method in developing maps
ala the Lumeta method.  It takes a significant amount of time (very
difficult to automate) and energy to do this work, so its not all that
reliable, practical or timely in many cases.

John