Re: Spanning tree melt down ?

  • From: Stephen Sprunk
  • Date: Fri Nov 29 15:56:29 2002

Thus spake "Robert A. Hayden" <[email protected]>
> I'm still failing to see why this required a $3M forklift of new equipment
> to correct the problem.  Was this just Cisco sales pouncing on someone's
> misfortune as a way to push new stuff?

Environments with a STP diameter of 10+ are unlikely to have the necessary
equipment on-hand to make a L3 campus network that adheres to current best
practices.  Nevertheless, it is TAC policy to get the customer the equipment
that is needed to solve the problem, and Sales handles any monetary issues
later after the network is stable.

One might also consider if there was a campus upgrade plan already in the
works and this event merely altered the timeline for implementation.