Re: Risk of Internet collapse grows

  • From: Stephen J. Wilcox
  • Date: Thu Nov 28 09:49:13 2002

Maybe, but to be fair the Internet is vulnerable in certain areas (particularly
within individual networks) and is not built to its original intentions (well
meshed).. and thats not "our fault", thats the fault of it going commercial and
the need to keep costs down.

This returns to a different point that with providers offering ever crazier
deals to get business they have to cut back somewhere and that somewhere is in
their infrastructure costs and reduced redundancy.

Steve