Re: Odd DDoS, anyone else seen this?

  • From: Joe Provo
  • Date: Tue Nov 26 10:54:25 2002

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002 [email protected] wrote:

> Can anyone think of a reason why this sort of traffic should be routed at
> all?  Does anyone actually drop hosts on to addresses ending in x.x.x.0?

Generally not for end-stations since end-users tend to have broken
software with lousy assumptions, but I've seen and used all of the
last octect for infrastructure elements, especially loopbacks and
point-to-point /31s. Only problems have been in people's heads.

Cheers,

Joe

--
             RSUC / GweepNet / Spunk / FnB / Usenix / SAGE