Re: Odd DDoS, anyone else seen this?

  • From: variable
  • Date: Mon Nov 25 09:38:46 2002

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, Chris Roberts wrote:

> Yer, some dial providers that I've seen do it to make use of these
> addresses, as x.x.x.0/32 is a perfectly valid host address.

I've seen this too.  Dialup boxes that use dynamic pools prefer them to
start on a subnet boundry so that they can announce a single aggregate
route for the whole pool. However we ran into problems with using x.x.x.0
before (think it was a broken TCP/IP from some vendor or another) and so
we moved the dynamic pools further up the subnet.

Rich