Re: Odd DDoS, anyone else seen this?

  • From: Stephen J. Wilcox
  • Date: Mon Nov 25 08:52:12 2002

Glad to know its not just me..

FYI x.x.0.0 is a valid host address as is x.x.x.0 and it would be technically
incorrect to block it assuming it to be a network address and therefore bogon.

However this may be a way to do it if we see another attack, altho I would
strongly recommend against filtering x.x.x.0 I would doubt that there are any
valid x.x.0.0 host on the internet so could filter on that..

Steve