Re: MIA: oregon-ix.net

  • From: Kai Schlichting
  • Date: Wed Nov 20 14:08:45 2002

On 11/20/2002 at 1:37 PM, Jared Mauch <[email protected]> wrote:

>         I was getting dns resolver errors earlier back.

>         (like the zone expired)

>         it appears someone fixed something since.

>         - jared

Mental note to self: never rely on results of an investigation
you did a few days ago - *gulp*

Indeed the resolver problems I had as well have triggered my email
to the list, but I had previously investigated the "disappearance"
of the network route-views.oregon-ix.net lives in - it plainly
disappeared from my own site's BGP4 views. I am receiving other
/24's out of 198.32.0.0/16 though (plenty of them), and route-flap
dampening didn't kill it. Surely not a PBMS (problem between
monitor and chair), and I expect a reaction from the NOC responsible
through the regular support channel shortly.

Thanks to Joel Jaeggli and Lucy E. Lynch from UO Academic User Services
for pointing out the man behind the curtain that is BIND :) Go Ducks!

Thanks,
bye,Kai