MIA: oregon-ix.net

  • From: Kai Schlichting
  • Date: Wed Nov 20 12:53:13 2002

As some of you have noticed, the BGP4 route containing the address for
route-views.oregon-ix.net has disappeared a while ago (mid-October?).
Their website seems to be gone, and I swear, I couldn't resolve
the domain for a little while just now. Has the Oregon IX been shut down?

Their route-server was probably the best-connected one, with the most
views, of any public route server I am aware of (please prove me wrong,
but do not torment me with any web-based looking glasses :) .

Nothing like having to poke around 10 other RS's to establish that
rogue AS 26212 really only has 1, 6402 and 2914 as their upstreams.