Re: Even the New York Times withholds the address

  • From: Petri Helenius
  • Date: Tue Nov 19 18:25:51 2002

> Diesel can even exstinguish flame in some cases.  It is a much different
> anamal than aircraft fuel.

There is no single thing as "aircraft fuel". Commercial jet aircraft are usually
fueled
with Jet A1 which has a flashpoint of 38�C (100�F). So it does not take that
much
to get it going. For less flammable alternative, use JP5, which has a flashpoint
of
60�C and is generally used on shipboard military operations.

If you�d like extra margin on your diesel safety, order JP5 instead of the usual
junk.

Pete