Re: PAIX

  • From: Petri Helenius
  • Date: Mon Nov 18 13:42:18 2002

Jared Mauch wrote:

True.

As far as VoIP goes, take 2 (digital/pcs/gsm/whatnot) cell phones
(preferably on different carriers, or even the same if you want to see it)
and call the other phone. Check out the delay in there. People who
think that VoIP needs low delay don't realize the [presumably compression
and other dsp related] delays introduced that people will be able to
withstand.

- jared

It's not compression only, at least GSM (which I'm familiar with) runs it's audio
packetized. Or should we call them cells since they are all the same size?

Pete