Re: Blocking specific sites within certain countries.

  • From: Chris Adams
  • Date: Thu Nov 14 19:02:54 2002

Once upon a time, [email protected] <[email protected]> said:
> On Thu, 14 Nov 2002 17:26:21 EST, "Patrick W. Gilmore" <[email protected]>  said:
> > Not if you block the domain name terrorist.com from resolving at the
> > caching name server, only if you block the IP address to which is resolves
> > on your routers.  (Which in many cases will be an Akamai server inside your
> > network - if not, just ask. :)
>
> http://a1016.g.akamai.net/f/1016/606/1d/(rest deleted)
>
> So tell me again how you're going to filter a1016.g.akamai.net?  And how you're

You don't.  If you configure your name server to block resolution of
terrorist.com, you'll never find out that it goes to an Akamai server.
If it is really important, you then force all of your customers to use
your name servers for recursive resolution.  Then if your customer types
"http://www.terrorist.com/"; in their web browser, it resolves to
nothing.  They never get sent to an Akamai server.
--
Chris Adams <[email protected]>