Re: Peerings

  • From: Simon Lockhart
  • Date: Tue Nov 05 15:30:47 2002

On Tue Nov 05, 2002 at 01:09:06PM -0500, Richard A Steenbergen wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 09:07:20AM +0200, Petri Helenius wrote:
> >
> > Is there a "standardized" depository of information where lists of which
> > AS´s are present in which exchange(s)? RADB does not really cut it since
> > it only lists the participants of the interconnect, not really
> > identifying the facility. Obviously I´m aware that most IXn list their
> > participants on a web site but I´m looking for more machine readable
> > data.
>
> http://www.e-gerbil.net/ras/ep/
>
> Stalk them via DNS... that's as close as it gets. That URL updates once an
> hour if people want to use it, but it really needs someone to design a
> web interface with an updating list of "what's new".

Of course, it'd help if IX operators kept their DNS updated. We're at
7 of the listed IX (aads, linx1, linx2, mae-east, mae-west, nyiix, paix-pao),
but only 4 of them (linx1, linx2, mae-east, nyiix) have a DNS entry for us.

Simon
--
Simon Lockhart             |   Tel: +44 (0)1628 407720  (BBC ext 37720)
Technology Manager         |   Fax: +44 (0)1628 407701  (BBC ext 37701)