Re: no ip forged-source-address

  • From: Hank Nussbacher
  • Date: Thu Oct 31 01:52:58 2002

At 01:36 AM 31-10-02 -0500, [email protected] wrote:

It's the difference between:

A) Going out to your car at the end of a too-long day and finding a
broken taillight.

B) Going out to your car at the end of a too-long day and finding a
broken taillight and a business card under the windshield wiper that
has "Sorry - call me and I'll pay for it" written on the back.
It is better than not having it but we should not get our hopes up that DOS attacks would stop. Remember when 60% of the Internet mail servers were open mail relays? We all thought closing them up would stop spam. Today it is less than 1% but I would say that the amount of spam has not dropped proportionality. See:
http://www.nwfusion.com/columnists/2002/1014buzz.html
for reference.

-Hank