Re: ICANN Targets DDoS Attacks

  • From: bob
  • Date: Tue Oct 29 10:28:17 2002

I would point out that if we were to define it and provide the definition to the proper authorities, it would go a long way towards getting a definition that makes sense.

I, (and many others here I would imagine) can help get the definition to the right ears if ya'll come up with it.

iii

fingers wrote:

Agreed 100%, but Gov't (being run by lawyers) is well accustomed to
defining what the meaning of 'is' is.  If they dictate that ISPs employ
"DDoS Protection", they will define what "DDoS Protection" means 'for
the purposes of this policy'.

ah ok

the point I was trying to make is, there are steps that can be taken to
mitigate/reduce the affects of DDoS. I do not believe there is any
complete way to "protect against a DDoS". perhaps I'm just being pedantic.
perhaps the clarity you mention would be a good thing for other areas too
:)