Re: [Re: the cost of carrying routes]

  • From: Kurt Erik Lindqvist
  • Date: Sun Oct 27 14:35:07 2002

egal requirements to "the bottom line". If a site is paying you for transit,
there's a very strong *dis*incentive to take any action that would prevent a
DDoS attack - the bottom line says the Right Thing is to install just enough
traffic shaping so a DDoS won't melt *your* net, and bill for the traffic. ;)
Not really true. I have to carry that traffic through my backbone and in doing, the DDOS traffic might take out or affect other services such as IP-VPNs (that would probably generate more money anyway).

Best regards,

- kurtis -