Re: DNS issues various

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Thu Oct 24 17:31:58 2002

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, Barry Shein wrote:
> Something I'd love to see is a blue-ribbon commission (meaning, made
> up of people with real clue) whose job it was to come up with a
> bird's-eye view of what the internet would look like if it were
> designed from scratch today.

How about a council?

October 21, 2002
Network Council to Urge New Practices
By  Caron Carlson

"A council of the largest telephone carriers and ISPs, charged by the
federal government with preventing disruptions to the nation's
telecommunications system, is preparing a checklist of procedures to
protect networks from terrorism and natural disasters."