need opinions re: contact methods for a [email protected] alias

  • From: fingers
  • Date: Wed Oct 23 11:34:37 2002

Hi there

Over the years I've seen a few very odd methods for dealing with a [email protected]
email address. I've always had the mindset that:

1) individual users are subscribed to a list/alias for [email protected]
2) it's _never_ a single/shared "account"
3) it _always_ accepts plaintext email, at the least, for reporting
problems.

recently I've been seing more of the "single account" that some poor sod
on shift uses, and now I've seen it all - an isp who won't accept
plaintext email to their [email protected] list, but instead want the person sending
the report to go to a webform and fill it in.

I was wondering what others' thoughts on these and other methods of
dealing with [email protected] were.

Regards

--Rob